Beer Store business plan
The beer store business plan can be a relatively simple affair. You'll operate from a fixed location, you'll sell a defined list of products, and aside from the regulation you face as an alcohol vendor, there won't be many surprises in what's required of you as the business owner. So what do you need to know before writing your beer store business plan? There are a few points well worth considering to get your plan to the front of an investor's queue, or to put a banker's mind at ease that your store could be a success. Here are some pointers:
(1) What permits will you need to open and what are ongoing maintenance requirements (inspection, renewal, etc)? Showing that you know what to anticipate here is a huge leg up.
(2) What can you say about the demographics around your location that will sell someone on the idea that you can sell a lot of beer? If you're in a college town or right off a major freeway, sell that fact with data.
(3) Do you have a lock on a location? Use the lease rate and term you think you can obtain and show how you'll use the space.
(4) What marketing methods will you use? Time-tested things like signage and flyers are par for the beer store course, but how will you make your site stand out?
(5) Are there any issues with distributors or suppliers that could impact your sales? What will the forecast look like reduced by 10% or 15%, can you demonstrate that?
The financial model for a beer store business plan can be a simple enough affair, thanks to cost-averaging and the simple math that you will make money on the difference between your wholesale cost and the retail sale amount. The market analysis can be a little trickier depending on how much data your funding source requires about the market/location, but online tools and guidebooks can help. You can also speak with a MasterPlans consultant about how our team of business plan writers and modeling experts can assist you with plan development. If you need to present a document with complete confidence but don't feel comfortable with software or just don't have the time, we can help you. We've made 8, 000 documents to date and our success record with satisfied clients is second to none. Call 877-453-2011 today!